Wednesday, August 1, 2007

It's Not That Important...or Is It?

I saw the election headline this morning...a war of words between Hilary and O'B...mainly about the War. Bill is even getting in his 2 cents...and is still revered as a great President. One South Carolinian even said it this morning on the news...with the stipulation that he might not have been the greatest moral leader.

When I got to the office, I read the CrossWalk.com headlines that are e-mailed to me each day. O'B states that he thinks we are putting too much emphasis on faith and religion in the '08 race. As I was thinking about the impact of his statement, it was very frightening. Without faith in God and the foundation of the Bible, would we (America) turn our back on Israel? Would we care about injustice in the world (or here)? Would we be even less concerned with the value of life? Would we nationally accept homosexuality as normal? I read this morning that it is at the top of the NEA agenda to teach it as the norm in every school. (It's happening right now in a school near my rural, small hometown.) Would the next leader who has an affair commit murder to cover it up? (i.e. David)

I may not be the smartest brick in the wall, but it sure does seem important to me. I sure wish I could hear someone stand up (like another great leader did 3000 years ago) and say, "I have installed my King." (Psalm 2:6) Or like another great leader, someone would say, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15) But as I dream, maybe unrealistically, for this person to arise; God seems to speak to me, "You be that man, wherever you are, who will care about what I care about." Faith does matter. It does not just inform us, but it drives us. But it is not going to matter in Washington...or Columbia...or in Greenville until it becomes of paramount importance in my life, my home, my church...

It's not that important...or is it?

No comments: