Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I Want More Pictures

Last night, while watching NCSI (obviously my wife was not home), I was reminded again of an important life lesson. One detective's team was rescheduled from weekend duty and the replacement team members were all killed by a bomb. As they were investigating the crime scene, the reality hit as another this detective was reminded that he should never pass up the opportunity to say, "I love you."

Earlier this week, as I was glancing at some pictures of the mission trip I took last year to Jinja, Uganda, (for 3 weeks) I was reminded of the incredible experience in several ways. But as I sat on the sofa next to my wonderful wife, I remembered how much I missed her during that time. I shared that with her and her smile was worth a million.

I would like to say that I do that all the time...or even enough of the time...but I don't. "God, would you please send more pictures in my life to remind me to tell those that I love how much I care for them...while I have the time? I need...want...more pictures."

1 comment:

CRJ/DJS said...

Thanks Art, for the reminder