Monday, August 6, 2007

I Want to Learn It...NOW

I had an incredible opportunity to see one of my kids take a major leap in maturity last week. It is an awesome thing to see your kids begin to make difficult, yet positive decisions. What was really difficult for me what that I was not totally sure of the correct answer or response. I hope that it was as positive for building his faith as it has been for mine. I hope all of my 'teen' issues can go like this...because not knowing the right answers will start making my gray disappear.

Part of my greatest frustration is desiring to learn the answers, explanations, reasons...NOW! God has been teaching me that many times the only way to really learn something that will impact my life or ministry is to experience the learning in steps or processes over time. This goes against every fiber of my being. It also seems true...what I already knew...that the learning process often occurs during the difficult times in life.

In my personal devotional journey, I have begun an adventure into a book of the Bible where I have yet to tread for an extended period. Lest any (including me) think that I become an instant scholar, I will refrain from telling what the location is...until the process has time to prove my ability to stick with it. I have started this one many times before. I'll let you know how it is going.

No comments: