Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Humbling Experiences

God has a funny way of keeping us from getting too excited about ourselves...an incredible way of surprising us with people...and perfect ways to keep us humble and grateful. Why? So He gets all the glory.

While hanging out here in rural eastern North Carolina this week, I met a coffee shop owner who is quietly sharing the love of Christ. I thought I might get the opportunity to share with him, but in my attempt he turned the tables and became the minister of God's grace.

While having lunch today with some old friends who have overcome a few obstacles in their lives, I found myself trying so hard to encourage them...but they were used of God to move me.

And last night, when I thought everything was a loss because no one responded to the message (which everyone told me was pretty good)...in my self-pity I looked to see a young lady waiting for the well-wishers to leave. She asked if I would pray with her. She, too, has lived through some very difficult circumstances. And as I was about to pray, she said that her circumstances were not why she had come...but rather to surrender her life to be a missionary.

God help me to remember that YOU are the only ONE who can change a heart.

No comments: