Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Vacation is a Lot of Work

I'm really tired! I know that I need a break. But this year seems extremely difficult to get planned...camps, mission trips, projects, practices, family reunions, etc.

Here is the paradox in the situation. If you have children, especially mulitples, summer vacation can often provide an opportunity for making you really tired (in a good sort of way). Family reunions really are no vacation at all. I've heard so many people say that they had to go back to work in order to get any rest. I understand. But I've never had quite the experience as with this year.

No, I haven't gone on any vacation. But I realized today that in the planning process to try to figure out the best place and best deal, I have spent at least 30 hours. I'm so worn out that I really need that vacation...yet it has still not been finalized. What is a dad to do?

Maybe I could just string together 3 weeks straight of taking an afternoon nap, combined with one round of golf each week...and maybe a few nice dinners out at my favorite restaurant?.?.?

No comments: