Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Real Kingdom Partnership

Real Kingdom Partnerships are filled with willing disciples (followers of Christ) who listen to God, communicate with each other (without fear or selfishness), and share in the celebration (of what only God could do).

Today, I got a call from another church planter / pastor to celebrate a chain of events that began a little over two weeks ago. Here is the chain:

* A family moves to our area a few years ago.
* A father dies suddenly leaving behind a beautiful family.
* One of the daughters calls their financial planner in another part of the state.
* The financial planner calls his pastor to see if he knows a pastor in my area who might help.
* The church planter / pastor refers him to me...so he calls me.
* He has the daughter call me.
* I have the privilege to work with the family and do the funeral...15 miles away...just down the road from another church plant that is pastored by a friend of mine.
* On the day of the funeral, that church planter calls me about something else and I tell him about the family I am working with in his area.
* He tells me that he believes that his son knows one of the daughters.
* His son and youth pastor visit the funeral home that night.
* I speak at the funeral...share the Gospel...and then talk to the financial planner the next day.
* The financial planner says he is going to take bibles for the girls on his visit the next day.
* The church planter's son keeps in contact with the daughter who attends his school by email.
* The girl returned to school.
* The church planter's son invites her to his small group last night.
* The youth pastor shares the Bible story which leads naturally to the Gospel message.
* The daughter of the deceased father decides to follow Christ as Lord and Savior.
* The church planter calls me today to share and celebrate.
* I called the church planter / pastor in the other part of the state who referred the financial planner to me to share and celebrate.
* The church planter / pastor then calls the financial planner to share and celebrate.
* The youth pastor and the other church plant people follow-up in loving her and disciple-making.

* Real Kingdom partnership builds momentum because we are all amazed at what God did. No one can take credit...so all of the glory goes to God. And we are all incredibly humbled and grateful that we just got to see it and be a part of it.

No comments: