Monday, October 22, 2007

Change Makers

I am always envious when reading my friend Dino Senesi's blog as he is hanging out with superstar church planters and influencers. For a couple of days, I am experiencing it for myself in Phoenix, AZ with coordinators for a student church planting experience called PowerPlant. Next summer, we will watch what has recently been upwards of 2000 students spend a week of their summer not being entertained, but engaged in this experience known as church planting. These people I am with are visionaries...not just for a particular church...but for movements in who areas and in individual student's lives.

In the process of think about this though, I am reminded that each day I wake up (at least when I am home) next to one of those people...my wife. And I pack lunches for 4 of these people...my kids. And each week, I have the honor to preach and invest in a congregation of these people...my church. I am a blessed man.

1 comment:

CRJ/DJS said...

Great talk yesterday Art. You are one of those guys, you know, the superstar planters I get to hang out with. I use you often as an example of a guy who could have "had it all" and still could, but you keep giving it away for Jesus and His Kingdom. To me, my friend, that is a movement maker. One who things beyond himself for higher things.